Clear acrylic sheet is perfect for replacing broken glass panels in greenhouses, and outbuildings. Acrylic transmits the same amount of light as glass, but is far stronger. Call or email today with your requirements
- Excellent light transmission
- Tough and weatherproof
- Cut to your size requirements
The Features & Benefits of Perspex Acrylic Secondary Double Glazing
- Our acrylic secondary Double Glazing is far less expensive/cheaper than glass secondary double glazing as it is generally a simple DIY installation.
- Perspex is much lighter in weight than glass and will not shatter like glass.
- Perspex acrylic is fairly flexible, allowing you to achieve an airtight perimeter, even on a fairly uneven wooden window frame.
- Perspex secondary double glazing retains the outside appearance of your property – particularly useful if you live in a conservation area or a listed property.
- Perspex secondary double glazing is 96% optically clear. As such, it is actually clearer than glass, and will allow more light into your room than conventional glass double glazing.
- Perspex secondary double glazing is guaranteed for 10 years against UV degradation. Premium acrylic does not discolor with age.
- Secondary double glazing provides for excellent thermal insulation. You no longer have to put up with the drafts from an old
- Georgian sash, wooden, or crittal window. You don’t need to feel the cold from single glazed windows in the winter. Our secondary double glazing will inexpensively help to prevent those draughts and provide a thermal barrier.
- If you live near a busy road or noisy neighborhood, secondary double glazing provides for great sound/acoustic insulation. It won’t completely stop the noise, but it will certainly help to reduce it.
- Added Security. A would be intruder will find it harder to quietly get through two panes of window rather than one.
- Helps reduce condensation
- Widely used and approved by Building Preservation Specialists
Inexpensive DIY installation – How?
- We can supply you the exact sized window panels that you need. You do not have to buy complete sheets of 8 feet x 4 feet Perspex acrylic. We do that , and then cut to the sheet to the sizes that you need. You only pay for what you need, not complete sheets. No waste.
- Generally we supply 3mm clear acrylic as standard for secondary double glazing, but if budgets are tight, we can also supply a basic 2mm clear panel. 2mm thick secondary glazing panels work just as well but aren’t quite as rigid.
- No wasted time. If you’ve ever cut acrylic with a jigsaw, you will know that its not the easiest job in the world to do. We will cut your secondary double glazing panels to your exact size requirements, free of charge.
- ‘Magnafix (r)’. Magnafix is our registered fixing system that makes fitting of acrylic secondary double glazing very easy. Manafix is a two part tape system. One part is self adhesive white coloured steel tape. The other part is self adhesive magnetic tape. Most customers prefer to mount the white steel tape to their window frame (as it blends in with the white glossed wooden frame) and then the magnetic tape to the outer edge of the acrylic Perspex panel.
- Once the magnetised Perspex acrylic secondary double glazing panel is offered up to the window frame, it gently pulls to the steel tape on the window frame and remains firmly in place for the rest of the winter. When you want to spring clean the windows, simply pull the Perspex acrylic from the window frame. If you choose to store your panels away form the window frame during the summer, all that remains visible of the original ‘magnafix’ is the white steel tape on the frame.
- So, a simple, inexpensive, DIY installation.
Window Types suitable for Acrylic Secondary Double Glazing
- Stained glass church windows
- Stone windows
- Crittal Windows
- Georgian Sash Windows
- Casement Windows
- Bow Windows
- Circular/Round Windows
- Arched Windows
- Conservatory Windows
- Porch Windows
- Summer house Windows
- Sash windows with shutters.
If you require irregular shaped acrylic panels to match an arch window, bow window, gothic arch window, or very old warped lead light window, no problem. Please just send us a cardboard or paper template of the shape/sizes that you require and we will cut the perspex acrylic to size and shape for you. We may quote for a small cutting fee for this, depending on complexity.
Measuring your windows for DIY Installation of Secondary Double Glazing
- As you look at the window, measure the outer edges of the front facing frame where it joins to the window reveal. Please deduct 3-4mm to allow for thermal expansion of the acrylic and plastering tolerances.
- Please call us with your sizes. We will turn a quote around for you immediately. Our telephone number is either or. Alternatively please email us. . We pass on our savings to you. You wont find a better price on the internet for secondary double glazing using premium materials. Please remember, our Perspex acrylic secondary double glazing is guaranteed 10 years for UV stability – its not the cheap imported material that goes cloudy in the sun!
- Your order will generally be with you within 3 days of receipt of order. We only use reputable, fully tracked, overnight couriers. We can deliver to most parts of the United Kingdom.